Electronic circuit protection type ESX10-T is designed to ensure selective disconnection of 24VDC load systems. 24VDC power supplies, which are widely used in industry today, will shut down the output in the event of an overload with the result that one faulty load in the system can lead to complete disconnection of all loads.
Through selective disconnection the ESX10-T responds much faster to overload or short circuit conditions than the switch-mode power supply. This is achieved by active current limitation. The ESX10-T limits the highest possible current to 1.3 to 1.8 times the selected rated current of the circuit protector. Thus it is possible to switch on capacitive loads of up to 20,000 μF, but they are disconnected only in the event of an overload or short circuit.
For optimal alignment with the characteristics of the application the current rating of the ESX10-T can be selected in fixed values from 0.5 A...12 A. Failure and status indication are provided by a multicolour LED and an integral short-circuit-proof status output or a relay signal contact. Remote operation is possible by means of a remote reset signal or a remote ON/OFF control signal. The manual ON/OFF button allows separate actuation and reset of individual load circuits.
• Selective load protection, electronic trip characteristics
• Active current limitation for safe connection of capacitive loads up to 20,000 μF and on overload/short circuit
• Current ratings 0.5 A...12 A
• Reliable overload disconnection with 1.1 x In plus, even with long load lines or small cable cross sections
• Manual ON/OFF button (S1)
• Control input IN+ for remote ON/OFF signal (option)
• Electronic reset input RE (option)
• Clear status and failure indication through LED, status output SF or Si contact F
• Integral fail-safe element adjusted to current rating
• Width per unit only 12.5 mm
• Rail mounting
• Ease of wiring through busbar LINE+ and 0 V as well as signal bars and bridges
• Hazardous area approved– Class 1Div 2, Zone 2, ATEX Zone 2
• Active current limitation for safe connection of capacitive loads up to 20,000μF and on overload/short circuit
• Current ratings 1 A...10 A at 12VDC
• Clear status and failure indication through LED, status output SF
• Ease of wiring through busbar LINE+ and 0 V
• Hazardous area approved– Class1Div 2, Zone 2 (ATEX)